1. Some languages are increasingly spoken in different contries, while the usage of others is rapidly declining. It this a positive or a nagetive development?
2. Everyone should stay in school until the age of 18. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. Some people think that paying taxes is rnough to contribute to the society. Others argue that being a citizen involves more responsibility. Discuss, what is your opinion?
4. Some people think young people are suitable for learning foreign languages. Some people think adults are more suitable. Discuss both and give your opinion.
5. Some people claim that public museums and art galleries will not be needed because people can see historical objects and works of art by using a computer. Do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
6. In some countries, secondary schools aim to provide a general education across a range of subjects. In others, children focus on a narrow range of subjects related to a particular career. For today’s world, which system is appropriate?
7. Team activities can teach more skills for life than those activities which are played alone. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
8. Some people think that studying in a college or university is the best way for students to prepare for their future career. But others think they should leave school as soon as possible to develop their career through work experience. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
9. Some people think history has nothing or little to tell us, but others think that studying the past history can help us better understand the present. Please discuss the two views and give
your own opinion.
10. Today’s children are living under more pressure from the society than children in the past. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
11. The government should pay for the course fee for everyone who wants to study at the university. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
12. Some people say that in our modern age it is unnecessary to teach children about the skills of handwriting. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
13. Some people say that the government should regard the health care as the first priority, but some others believe that there are more important priorities to spend the tax payers' money. Discuss both view and give your opinion.
14. Individual and countries cannot help everyone who needs help in the world, so they should only be concerned about their own communities and countries. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15. Nowadays, people always throw the old things away when they but nre things, some peole claim that the broken things should be repaired and used again. What factors cause this phenomenon? What effects the phenomenon leads to?
16. The level of noise around us is constently increasing, and is affecting the quality of our lives. What cause the noise? What should be done about it?
17. Nowadays, people are living an increasingly longer life and in many countries there are more old people than young people. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend?
18. More and more people use private cars instead of taking public transport. What are the reasons for this trend? How can the government encourage people to take public transport?
19. A report indicated that many children between 7 and 11 spend too much time watching television and/or play video games. How does the problem affect the children, their families and society? What measures can be taken to control it?
20. Many people who leave school hold a negative attitude towards leaning. Why does this happen? How to solve the problem?
1. Some people think it is not necessary for adults to receive education in class. Self-study is a good way for them to study more effectively. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. In some countries, small town-centre shops are going out of business because people tend to drive to large out-of-town stores. As a result, people without cars have limited access to out-of-town stores, and it may result in an increase in the use of cars. Do you think the disadvantaged of this change outweigh its advantages?
3. Mobile phones have mad life easier, anyone can use a mobile phone to answer/make work calls or home calls at any place 7days a week. Do you think this development has more positive effects or negative effcts on the individual and society?
4. In some countries, it is illegal for companies to reject job applicant fortheir age. Is this a positive or negative development?
5. Some people have benefited from modern communications technology, but some people have not benefited from it at all. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
6. Nowadays, some workplaces tend to employ equal numbers of men and women workers. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
7. Competitiveness is a positive quality for people in most societies. How does competitiveness affect individuals? Is it a positive or negative trend?
8. Research indicates that the characteristics we are born with have much more influence on our personality and development than any experiences we may have in our life. Which do you consider to be the major influence?
9. Many people want to have a successful career and a happy family life both. What problems are involved in combining a career and family life? How to overcome such problems?
10. Nowadays, an increasing number of countries are confronted with the disappearance of cooking skills. What is the situation like in your country? Do you agree that the young children should be taught home cooking in school?