1. Do you think formal written assessments in today’s world to assess students’ performance is effective or not? Discuss your viewpoint on this and support your answer with examples.
Point 1：Written examination ensures students really learn something from the lessons and the course
Point 2：Only examinable topics will be tested
Point 3：Some believe that examinations only test memory skills
Point 4：Students may only focus on the topics that will be tested
2. “The only thing that interfere with my learning is my education” Einstein. Discuss this quote.
Point 1：Formally designed education patterns limit people's imagination and creativity
Point 2：Students are not encouraged to think out of the box and search for solutions by themselves
Point 3：It is necessary to impart the basic education, knowledge and skills onto children
Point 4：Students should complete their studies in their own way
3. Talk about the pros/cons of this era as is full of invention. And discuss recent invention that you think is good or bad to society.
Point 1：Social network can help us to stay connected with friends or family all the time
Point 2：Machines used in factories improve the efficiency of production
Point 3：Private cars make it convenient for people to travel around the world
Point 4：More cars may lead to the pollution of the air
4. What do you think is the most important invention for the past 100 years? And why?
Point 1：Email can eliminate the time spent on travelling to the post office and waiting for replies
Point 2：Office software can be atomized, just key in the data and everything will be calculated automatically
Point 3：Websites can display and manipulate stored information easily
Point 4：Private information can be stolen if use internet
5. Nowadays TV has become an essential part of life, and a bridge to spread news and awareness and for some it acts like a companion. What is your opinion about this?
Point 1：Broadcast and educating people
Point 2：Help to notify the world about urgent news such as recent disasters
Point 3：Various topics which fulfill all kinds of needs for people, including economy, politics culture to social issues
Point 4：It makes children believe in supernatural events such as animals speaking human languages or witches flying on broom-sticks