1. When choosing a place for living, which factor is the most important one for you? 1. Living in an area not expensive, 2. Living close to relatives 3. Living in an area with man y shops and restaurants.
2. A high school has decided that all students must take a class in which they learn a practical skill. School administrators are trying to decide whether to hold a class in cooking, managing personal finances or auto repair. Which do you think the school should require students to take? Why?
3. Which of the following do you think contributes the most to an enjoyable vacation? Good Food, Good Location, Good Friends to travel with?
4. Children should spend most of their time studying or playing; they shouldn't be required to help the family with household chores.
5. Do you agree that telephones are playing a more effective role than television in people鈥焥 life.
6. Do you agree or disagree with the statement: Nowadays it is not important for people to have regularly family meals together.
7. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? As modern life becomes more complex, it is essential for young people to have the ability to plan and organize.
8. The environmental issue is too complex to be handled by the individual. Do you agree or disagree.
9. Some people suggest that using a cleaner energy to protect the environment is better, but some people say the traditional energy sources such as coal and oil is less expensive, what is your suggestion?
10. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All university students should be required to take basic science courses even if it is not the field of their study.
11. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The rules that the whole societies today expect to young people to follow and obey are too strict.
12. Some people believe going on field trips is better for children’s education (eg. go to museum), while others think it is better for children to study in the classroom at school, which one do you prefer and explain why.
13. Which do you think is the best way for a student to make friends: joining a sports team, participating in community activities, or travelling? Use specific examples to support your answer.
14. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? If you and someone have been friends for a long time, you continue your friendship even if she does something you don’t like.
15. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Playing sports teaches people lessons about life.
16. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Children can benefit in important ways from taking care of animal pets.
17. Do you agree or disagree with the statement: These days, children spend more time on doing homework or participating in organized activities related to school or sports. However, they should be given more time to do whatever they want.
18. Nowadays, students do many things like surfing the internet, listening to music when they are learning. Do you agree or disagree that doing other things impose bad effect on learning?
19. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement：It is more important to have facilities rather than hire more teachers.
20. Schools have always offered students three types of after-school activities. But due to recent limited budgets, they can only support one kind of activities. Which one would you choose? Why?
3) Volunteering (eg. for the community)
21. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement：It is more important for the government to spend money on art museum and concert halls than on recreational facilities such as swimming pools and playgrounds.
22. The best leader should spend more time listening to other people’s ideas than taking his/her own ideas.
23. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Teachers should be paid at least as much as doctors, lawyers or business leaders are paid.
24. Do you agree or disagree with the statement: It is better to spend money on traveling and vacation than save money for the future.
25. University students are often encouraged to study the fields in which significant job growth (a large increase in job opportunities) is expected; these fields currently include science, technology, engineering and math. Do you believe students should consider studying fields related to these subjects even if they are more interested in other subjects? Why or why not?